BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 18, 2010

What would you buy?

Do you ever go into a store and dream? What if someone gave you a $1000 gift card and told you to get whatever you wanted? What would you get? Last week we went to 5 guys (LOVE THAT PLACE) and then went to JCPenney and Target. Here are some things I would get. I'm not trying to be envious, but just dreaming:

1. I would get Jenna a new bed. I don't like the mattress or frame. It shakes around and wobbles and I just don't like it. I would also get her a matching dresser and this beautiful comforter I saw at Penney. She also fell in love with this comforter and I've been looking for one on ebay with no luck. I wish I could find her one.
2. The boys would get new mattresses as well.
3. I would get a new kitchen counter height table. Again, I saw on on Penney's several months ago that has been on clearance. I wish I could save enough money for it!!
4. My kitchen is still "bare". I would buy some wall hangings. I've also been thinking about a large wall clock for decoration above the microwave.
5. I would buy a new bedroom set including a new comforter.

I'm sure once I bought the table I wouldn't have enough money, but still, it's fun to dream. I could also go through housewares, decorations etc at Target and get a lot of stuff. I didn't even mention clothes!!! So, do you go into stores and dream and what would you buy?

3 comments:

Jack said...

I would get a financial counselor to help us figure out how to pay off all that stuff. = )

As a kid I never even thought about my mattress. I think I had the same one for 20 years. The kids probably could use new mattresses but other stuff keeps breaking down.

sara said...

I know what you mean about the kid's beds. Our kids sort of need mattresses and bedding, but other things always take priority.

We have had our hand me down couches for 10 years- at that point they were already old. So I would probably pick couches- altho, Dave and I have never had a bed- we just have the mattresses and a frame underneath- a real bed would be nice :)

Unknown said...

:) I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who dream shops. In college it was my most favorite stress reliever. For $1,000 I would make a down payment on a quilting machine. Or have the inside of the house re-painted and the carpet stretched to get all the wrinkles out of it. I have no idea how much that would cost.