BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 15, 2010

Braggin' Rights




Friday Jack's company had their annual ACC fun day and chili cook off. After our ladies group on Thursday, I stopped to get one onion and one pepper (I had everything else on hand). Anyway, I made chili for him. He called me Friday and let me know that out of 17 entries of chili, my chili came in second place!! My prize came from Williams Sonoma. It included a set of 4 chili bowls and 4 dish towels. I looked up the dish towels on line and they were $18 (an expensive place). Anyway, I am very proud that my chili beat out so many, and on top of that Jack was proud of me.

5 comments:

sara said...

Awwww- congratulations!

Unknown said...

GO JEN! So what night are you cooking for Apples of Gold? :)

Amy said...

ah, Need the recipe or is it a secret? I thought my chili was SO great until we had a cook-off at church. Some were really GOOD (better than mine) and some were kinda yucky! It was fun to taste different recipes.

Lydia said...

Ooo- I want the recipe!!! I'm so proud of you- you are always saying that you aren't a cook- now I know the truth:) And I LOVE LOVE LOVE Williams-Sonoma, too bad I can't afford it:( I do have a potholder though:)

fillup said...

CONGRATULATIONS JENNIFER! YOU ARE A GOOD COOK! YOU JUST DON'T THINK YOU ARE, BUT HAVE TASTED THINGS THAT YOU MAKE FOR OUR GET TOGETHERS, AND YOUR DISHES ARE GREAT!

PROUD OF YOU! MOM