BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The grocery expierment

If you remember two weeks ago, I decided to try something different....shop for groceries for two weeks. Here is what I have learned: It did save a little money for us (not as much as I thought, but every bit helps). I really liked the way it saved me time. Last week, I didn't have to run anywhere on Wednesday after school and was able to get caught up around here. It also helped me ration out our food a little better! One other thing I learned is that my bread did not freeze well. I froze it until today and the buns got hard. I think I will do it again and if I still have good success, we will make this change in our household. So, here is my two week dinner menu:

Pizza/salad
chicken nuggets/french fries
appetizer night (french fries, sausage quesadillas)
eggs, bacon, pancakes
roast/potatoes/corn
meatloaf/green beans/bread
twice baked potato/salad
chicken Caesar wraps
hot dogs
tacos
surprise
Not sure what we are doing for Easter dinner yet
BBQ ribs, corn on cob, rice
pigs in a blanket

1 comments:

Lydia said...

Are you meaning that your store-bought bread didn't freeze well? Mine usually does... Did you wrap a layer of foil over the plastic bag it comes in? I only do this for buns, the loaf bread freezes really well for up to two weeks in just it's own bag.

I love saving money- even if it's only a few dollars! That few dollars can buy stocking stuffers at Christmas:)