BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 3, 2008

I'm Feeling A Little Overwhelmed

I am feeling a little overwhelmed with homework. It's getting a little crazy for me to juggle everything, trying to keep track of everything. Every month Joshua has a passage of scripture that has to be memorized. (Gen 1:1-5, John 14:1-6). This month we need to learn Matthew 5:3-12. On top of this, we have to memorize his Christmas part (and that has to be done by next week), make sure we get 12 chapter books read by the end of the year, and book reports done on them, normal homework, and now we have another project due the 19th!!! They are learning about Native Americans. They can choose between the Northeast, Southeast, Northwest, Southwest or Great Plains. They have to have at least a one page written report, a poster and a replica of the type of shelter for this tribe. On Monday, during the Thanksgiving feast, he is also to dress representing the tribe. Whew!! I am not really sure how I will dress him, and I am certainly not looking forward to a one page report, and all the extras. I think I will do the Great Plains tribe as they seem to have the "tee pee" type shelter. I thought I could get a sugar cone, turn it upside down, decorate it and use that as our "replica". Any ideas on dressing him (you know I can't sew) or other ideas on shelters would be appreciated.

2 comments:

sara said...

Wow- I may have the wrong attitude, but I think those teachers expect a lot out of the parents when they are getting paid to do the teaching- girl you may as well be homeschooling!

Maybe that is normal. I just don't remember doing all of that homework growing up- but maybe I am forgetting. I will ask my mom what she remembers.

Lydia said...

I think Sara may be right. I went to private AND public schools and don't remember that much homework...

Costume- king size pillow case in tan, cut out arm and neck holes and paint Indian symbols on it. Buy some feathers from Michaels and make a headband.