BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 26, 2010

Discouragement

I had a little discouraging day. First of all my surgery did not give me the results that I had hoped for. Because of my circumstances, the doctor could not do the full blown procedure but just had to burn as much as she could. After just a few weeks I'm running into some of my same problems. Granted they aren't as bad as before, but I was hoping for better results and I feel that I'm back to the drawing board. It also brings me down because the surgery cost over $11k. We have to pay about 10% of that which is still a lot and I truly truly feel we just wasted a lot of our money. That amount would have paid for part of tuition or something. I've had a really bad emotional day over it. I do go back to the doctor tomorrow, but I don't think she can wave a magic wand and make it better.
Secondly I've been a little discouraged about what to do next year. Do I try to get 5 days (if available) stay 3 days, don't work at all and just be sub at SCS, try to find other work at another preschool? I think most of you know how badly I want in at SCS and I still will not quit praying about it. Mrs. Davis asked me to sub this week. When I replied to her and told her I could, I also told her about how I was praying about next year....take 5 days, 3 days or just sub. She said she would take the "sub" route. I would do that, but there are several weeks/months where I wouldn't get much at all. That doesn't pay bills or help out on extras. I guess in the back of my mind I was hoping that she would have something for next year (they are growing). I'm still praying for a miracle.
On top of this, there are still some things going on at preschool where it is obvious favoritism is going on and there are times where I feel like I am being pushed out or that it's time to leave. Right now no one knows for sure if they will even have a job next year. My 4 year olds are so special to me and if I gave that up for no permanent work, I think I'd be lost. Right now God has not shown a clear path or opened/closed any specific doors, so I guess I'll just keep waiting...."I'm waiting on you Lord though it's not easy". (one of my favorite songs). I'm thankful to blog because I feel like someone is listening and I can unload!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So now I know why you've kept coming to mind the last two weeks! You don't know how many times I've gone to pick up the phone only to realize you're at work. Praying that God will grant you both wisdom and patience as you continue to seek His guidance.

Lydia said...

Still praying for you....curious to know what the dr said yesterday....also praying about your job, which I have been for months:)
Love you! His plans are perfect!!!!

sara said...

I am praying for you too- that God will make it very clear about your job.