BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 16, 2010

Last Day in Washington
























Saturday was my favorite day of all. We were able to arrange a tour of the White House. I felt so important going through all the security checks and seeing people on the street trying to get in without having a scheduled tour. Unfortunately I could not take a camera or a purse but we really enjoyed going in. When we got out, Jack got a lot of shots with his camera phone, but I don't know how to copy those over. We also visited the Lincoln Memorial. Again, I didn't have pictures, but we do have some so that we can have them for our book. Everyone was very tired Saturday so after breakfast Sunday morning, we headed for home. I really want to go back because there is so much we didn't get to see, and there are some things I didn't get to see all of. Maybe in a few years we will head that way again.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

I love DC!!! Been twice and still not seen even 1/4 of it!!! It is GREAT because it's so cheap! I'll talk to you later about how your kids did....wondering if my boys would do ok? Know the girls would be fine and Mira would be in a stroller, but those boys....:)

Unknown said...

How did your kids like the Lincoln Memorial? My niece was Jenna's age when she went, and she complained quite a bit about walking up all those steps only to see a grumpy old man frowning in a chair! And I agree with you that DC has so much you'll need to go more than once!