BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 22, 2010

My Plans are not His plans.....

It's been one of those crazy weeks. You know one of those weeks where you think you have everything planned? The weeks where you think you will have a nice slow week? Instead of volunteering Monday for computer, Mrs. Davis called me and asked me to sub for second grade. Then she asked me to sub Tuesday afternoon (my day off). I thought maybe Wednesday I could come home and get things done or run errands. Well, Tuesday night I take Joshua to the doctor and he has strep. Although he felt perfectly fine and had no fever, he needed 24 hours on antibiotics before I could take him to school. So he came with me to preschool and got caught up on work. I came home did a couple of things and came up with plan B. Take him to Target, get lunch with him and spend some one on one time with one of my children. That plan got changed. Phone rang on the way there saying Jacob was feeling bad. Ended up spending the rest of the afternoon at the doctor to find out he had strep. So today, Joshua can go to school and Jacob has to stay home! I'd take strep throat over the stomach bug any day. At least they are playing and having fun and eating and not puking!
I tried to find the verse this morning (its 6:30 so my eyes aren't good or my brain working) but I know there is something about how we can plan and plan, but it's God who directs our steps and I keep thinking about that. I also know there is "my ways are not your ways". Hopefully by Saturday everyone should be non-contagious!!

5 comments:

Lydia said...

You are being so positive!!! I would NOT be happy if I had planned a relaxing week only to have it filled with work and sick kids. I hope your weekend is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

Jack said...

How about?

Proverbs 16:9 (King James Version)

9A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

Jack said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Having anyone sick in the household is never fun! Hope the rest of you stay germ free!

sara said...

Oh my word! I am sorry I did not know this! Glad they are better! They looked good yesterday.