BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Washington Trip Day 1















We left for Washington on Thursday morning. Jack did all the driving because he wanted me to rest (such a good husband). We arrived in Alexandria, VA around 11:30 or so, checked into our hotel and caught the metro (right across the street) into DC. Our first stop was the Air and Space Museum. The kids really wanted to see this after seeing Night at the Museum. The best part of DC is that most of the museums are FREE!! We stayed a long time there and then headed over to the National Archives. That was very busy, but I noticed it was busy all the time every day. I'm not sure if the kid really realized the importance of seeing the Declaration of Independence and Constitution, but someday they will. We caught the metro back to the hotel and the kids had fun in the hot tub (the pool was too deep). Unfortunately, I am under restrictions, so the pool and hot tub were off limits (and I just bought a new swim suit). I managed to walk around just fine. I did take some pain med's on Thursday, but all in all felt fine going around walking.

1 comments:

sara said...

How Fun!!!! Glad you are doing OK.