BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Joshua and the Urgent Care Visit

I was cooking dinner and getting ready to go out with friends. Jenna was in the tub and the boys were out playing with friends. I look out the window and see Joshua running over to the house with tears in his eyes. I thought maybe the little girl had been mean to him or something, but then he started in this panic mode and told me he swallowed something!! I calmed him down to find out what happened. He swallowed a piece of candy!!! I gave him some water and he kept saying "mom it hurts" "mom, do something" (ok, that one got me....BUT I knew I had to stay CALM!!!). I talked with the neighbors to see what had happened, what I should do etc. I gave him some more water and he started to throw it up which concerned me. "Mom, it hurts when I swallow, it won't go down". Ok, I called Jack who was almost home and we are off to urgent care. Thankfully, no one was in the waiting room and they took Joshua back right away. They took x-rays and the couldn't find any candy. They examined him and came to the conclusion the candy had made its way down and probably scratched his throat. He was put on "soft foods" for the night. I think it made him better just to get a milk shake.!!! I think the poor little fellow was just scared to death. It amazes me how I can stay so calm during things like this but other things can "shake" me. I was still able to go out with Traci and Kim and have a great evening. I called to check on Joshua and he said he was playing "wii" and beat Jack at tennis, so I knew he was a-ok. Thank you God!!!

2 comments:

sara said...

Oh dear! Glad he is OK!

Once I ate some chips and think that one scratched my throat- it feels really weird and like you have something stuck in there.

Unknown said...

Wow! Glad it was gone when they took the x-ray! You know, it's possible he dislodged it when he got sick. Oh, I bet your heart was racing! Mine certainly would have been!