BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Preschool Problems

We have class pictures today and guess what....Jenna gets gum in her hair last night!! I could have died. Luckily I have the Internet which gives me so many ideas. You can just google "how to get gum out of hair" and get so many answers. I used peanut butter and that did ok, but when I used cooking oil, it came right out. Thankfully I didn't have to cut it. I remember one time right before my class pictures, I cut one side of my hair!!!
Yesterday, I had to talk to a mom. I knew Melody was tired of talking to her, so I stepped in. I have this child who is so DIFFICULT to work with. Probably one of the worst I have had. I told mom how disrespectful this child was. She talked back to both of us all day and pushed us. I told mom and she said "oh, I know, she was like that all week at home...in fact, it got so bad my husband had to leave to get a break from it"......can you believe this woman? then she looks at me and says "we got a puppy this weekend, do you think this has anything to do with it". At this point I'm staring blankly and wanting to say so badly "lady, get a clue already". I told her the dog had nothing to do with it. The child is getting worse, and on top of it all, I think there is something "not right" with the child. Obviously mom and dad are not going to do anything about it, and I still have two months of school to go!! I'm praying hard that I don't get her back next year. That's ugly, I know, but I don't think I can handle her another year. The sad part is that it's really not her fault. It's the parents fault for not disciplining their child. It's very obvious because we will tell her not to do something and she'll gradually do it again, looking at us the entire time, thinking we won't follow through! Surprise!! Melody and I both follow through with what we say! This is why T/Th are so hard on me this year!!!

2 comments:

sara said...

I remember having a child like this when I taught k-5. I really got annoyed with her and gave up on her. After the year was over I looked back and thought about what I could have done in a seemingly impossible situation. I wish now that I would have just loved her. I know that sounds trite- but I really believe that the child knew that she got on my nerves. She knew she was unlovable.

I am sure you already do it- but maybe if you lavish her with love- you may see her bloom before your eyes and there may be a change????

Unknown said...

uggghhhh...my little sister used to go to sleep with gum in her hair and we got many a peanut butter treatments thanks to it. The funniest was when she had a whole wad and woke up totally stuck to the bed...she couldn't get up AT ALL!!! I think that was the last time it happened.