BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

And I Want to Home School?.......

I guess I am having a blonde moment. Joshua brought his homework for the week home. On his math he had a lot of clock and calendar work, which I can handle. He has one problem though that says" draw a cylinder, draw a cone, draw a rectangular prism". Are you serious? Are they doing this in first grade? I think I know what these look like (especially the cone!!!) but I can't draw a stick person and I have to instruct Joshua on this?? The other problem has three different columns of shapes. It says "circle the pattern UNIT" Joshua has no idea what the unit is, and neither do I. Now, we know all about patterns and how to make one etc, but this is new to me. The second part of this problem says"translate each pattern to letters, numbers or words and show your work on the back of this sheet". Well, to me, they would all look like ABABABAB etc. And I think I could home school???????????

3 comments:

fillup said...

Wow! That is mind boggling! But, you would do just fine if you home schooled!

Unknown said...

This is first grade?!?! Gracious!

jennwa said...

I am glad I am not the only one having trouble with first grade homework. I too go back and fourth on homeschooling, but at this second I am glad 2 of my kids are in school. Later today I may feel differently.