BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Another Busy Day

Today is one of those days where I will be running around like a mad man. We have a field trip at Clemmons Forest here in Clayton for the three year olds. We will be freezing our tails off. Maybe parents will leave early!! We have to go again tomorrow too. It gets pretty boring walking around the forest, but I guess it's easy money as the parents will be there. Anyway, after that, I have to run to Raleigh for something that came up. Then, it's back to get in carpool line to get Joshua, and then over to Garner to get them their flu shots (I haven't told them yet), back home, prepare dinner, and then Joshua and I are going to his school to hear about how to improve his reading (a presentation just for first grade parents and their kids). Maybe after that I can breathe again!

We've been busy making Thanksgiving day crafts in preschool. I have a little boy in my four year old class, Jeremy, who has a lot of problems. The sad thing is, I think mom is in denial. She acts like nothing is wrong with him. I am not sure if he is autistic or what. I know that he had a hearing problem when he was born, but is fine now. This child will not be ready for kindergarten, and I don't know if mom realizes that or not. He won't talk, only to tell me "no", and you know that doesn't go well with me. He can't cut, doesn't know his letters or anything. You ask him simple questions and he stares into space. The sweet thing is that Jenna has taken to him, and Jeremy to her. The mom came in yesterday and said "he probably won't talk much today and will be very quiet". I wanted so badly to tell her that he never talks in preschool. We had a new little boy start last week and he walked up to Jeremy and said "what's your name" and Jeremy would not answer. I just feel bad because I think the mom expects us to work miracles with him, when she is totally in la la land about her son. He needs a place that can give him the help he needs and can give him the help he needs for kindergarten.

0 comments: