BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Concerned About Joshua....





Joshua took off his bandage after t-ball last night. His cut has healed very nicely (thanks to Jack). It looks so much better. I am a little concerned because he still walks with the knee stiff. I think we scared him so badly talking about keeping it straight for awhile and the possibility of needing stitches. It's like he has forgotten how to walk. I took him for a walk down the road, and no matter what I said, he still "carried" that leg, even with the bandage off. I am really nervous that this has or will become a habit on his walking and that he won't start walking normal again. Even during the game last night, he "ran" but he carried that leg. I guess I over reacted when I saw how deep the cut was and now he is taken it overboard. I just want him to walk on it the normal way again and I am very concerned about it. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice on how to get him to walk normally again????

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Just give him a couple of days and since the bandage is off he will hopefully forget about it. The more it heals the less it will be thought about.

Mark said...

It probably hurts a little still when walking or bending it. If it was borderline on needing stitches it may take a few weeks to completely heal.

Love those pics.

sara said...

I meant to ask you about him tonight. I bet he will start walking normal again when the cut heals all the way.

Pam said...

I remember my brother doing that. He split his knee open and needed stitches. He was really dramatic about the whole thing, but eventually, he forgot about it and walked normally.

Regarding your job, I know that the Lord will put you and use you exactly where He wants you. Our ways are not His ways. When I was teaching, our principal always said that the children in our class were there by divine appointment. God had placed each of those children with me. How cool is that?! Hope that helps!