BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 24, 2007

The First Scare

You know a few months back I was saying that we hadn't been to the ER with our kids. Then, I ended up going with the kidney stone. Last night, I was giving Jacob a bath and Jack was out with Josh and Jenna (letting Jenna use her new princess bike). I heard Jack yelling so I went out and Joshua had fallen in the neighbor's driveway (the one with NEW rocks) and cut his knee. I took one look at it and said to myself "this needs stitches". The cut was deeper then most and right where he bends the knee. Of course this was at 8:15 and all urgent cares were closed. We didn't think it needed a $50 ER visit, so we just patched him up and waited to look. We thought we could call the pediatrician this morning and get a visit if needed. We looked again and Jack's doctoring did a good job. It's still border line, but I think he will be ok without stitches. I think if he stays off his bike for a few days he will be back to normal. Let me emphasize that I would spend the $50 on my child if it is needed, but this was border line. I hated the idea of sitting there for hours and then ending up spending the money if he didn't need anything. So, that was my first scare!!!
We didn't do much yesterday. We did go to yard sales and I found a bike for Jenna. Her training wheels broke and we got a PRINCESS bike for less than getting new training wheels cost!! Of course she is so excited! I was hoping to find one for Jacob too as his is in the same condition.

1 comments:

fillup said...

Joshua: Get better soon. Know it hurts. Try to use your leg though, so it won't get stiff. Grandpa and Grandma loves you!!!