BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 11, 2007

First Day of Summer Vacation


I thought I would post this early since I have some extra time. I survived the first day of vacation. The boys took a lot of time picking my "flowers". I gave them "rest time" at 1 pm and then we went out to the pool from 2-3:30. The kids were pretty well behaved. I have enjoyed reading other blogs and getting ideas. I thought since we had more time on our hands (not rushing to carpool) that I would give them three jobs to do before Curious George and breakfast. I made a chart, so the kids get dressed, brush their teeth and make their beds before the TV comes on or before breakfast. They enjoy marking things off, and they are old enough to do things around the house. Joshua wanted to know if he got paid for doing this, and I told him no, this was a responsibility that he has to do because he lives in the house. Each child is responsible for different jobs...setting the table, clean up, unload the dishwasher etc, but if they want spending money, they can ask for different jobs. The excitement came today as Jacob got hurt twice. Somehow they were playing and he got his finger pinched in the door. It was bleeding and red, but he survived. Then, later, his bike hit him in the nose and blood was gushing out of his nose and mouth. Luckily, he didn't lose any teeth or anything. I hope this isn't a sign of the rest of our summer.
Our Tuesday activity is going to our dollar movie. The four of us can get in for $3 total. I'll take our own drinks and popcorn. (I am cheap). We have T-ball at 7:15 too.
I have a prayer request. Jack is going to Memphis early July. It looks like we have sitters lined up, but now the obstacle is having a free day to see Graceland and some other sights together and also the airline tickets are high and filling up fast. The trip may cost more than San Francisco. Please just pray that things will work out. Check out this place where Jack is staying!!! http://www.peabodymemphis.com/


1 comments:

Mark said...

I stayed at the Peabody once. Its great. Every day they lead the ducks into and out of the fountain pool. It's real nice. Don't forget Sun Studio 706 Union Avenue. It where Elvis, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis, my friend Sonny Moorman, and many others recorded. They have a great fried peanut butter and banana sandwich too.