BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 8, 2007

Last Day of School


I should be saying yipee....right? I am excited for Joshua as summer officially begins, but I am also very sad. My boy is growing and going on to first grade. He always looked like a little man walking into school when I dropped him off, and he is just getting bigger. I am also sad because I will miss his teachers. I prayed for a long time about the teachers he would have. I remember praying specifically to have a certain teacher, but we didn't get her. I knew God knew what was best, and we did get VERY VERY GOOD teachers. I am sad to be leaving them as they did a wonderful job with Joshua. He had a good group of students too. So, even though we went to PUBLIC school, everything turned out ok. Now, I have to continue to pray for the teacher he will have next year. We were also very happy as he came home the other day with two more awards. He got a certificate for reading so well, and then a ribbon for third place. He got third place for reading the most books in his class. We are so proud of you Joshua! Keep up the good work!!

As far as plans today...I am not sure if we will do family night today or tomorrow. Anna has invited the kids over for an end of the year party, so I don't know what we will do. I think we will save tacos for tomorrow night. It's Jenna's turn. Jack and I plan to take a few hous tomorrow and have a much needed date!

1 comments:

sara said...

Great job Josh! It is funny how they are looking like first graders already- Wes is growing like a weed.