BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Home Sweet Home!

So, overall the trip was great. The kids did great on the way down. We got lost a little in Atlanta, but found our way! Poor Jack got the raw end of the deal. He was told to be there between 10-11 am on Monday. He wasn't needed. He ended up spending the day in the room while the kids and I were at the aquarium. We ate dinner with him, and then went to Atlanta Underground, which is NOTHING like I thought it would be. Let's just say I was thankful to have Jack with me. We didn't stay long! We got a shock Tuesday morning. Under our door was a receipt and it also say check out for Tuesday. We were supposed to stay Tuesday night as well. Jack went and talked to one of the "big wigs" from the sales team and they told him he only needed to be there one day to support the sales team. Talk about a shock. What lack of communication! It has never been this disorganized!!! I feel bad for Jack. The kids and I made the best of it. We packed the room and watched TV, we had lunch and then we drove around for awhile until Jack could leave. We ended up in a bad side of town once again, (trying to find somewhere just to look around/shop for awhile) and then we found a Christian Book Store. We spent a lot of time there, and then I let them swim and use the hot tub for an hour. Josh finished up his homework and then Jack was ready to leave at 5:30. We got home at 1 am, and I am really tired. I went on to work, (don't ask me why) and the kids all went to school. We could have gone to the zoo yesterday, but there was so much going on, plus it was cold. I am glad to be home. It was a great trip and I am thankful for the time to get away.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

I'm so sorry about the miscommunication with Jack's work, what a bummer to have to drive back that late at night! Hope you are catching up on your rest!

fillup said...

My comments made to today's post (Wednesday) went down to Tuesday's post.