BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

More Bargains






Yesterday I went out to yard sales by myself. I wasn't having any luck until I went to the last one which was close to the house. The sale was so good, I ended up calling Jack and told him to come down there and he did. I just wish now that we would have gone to this one first, but that's the thrill of yard sales...you never know where you will find your treasures. I ended up spending $8 for a garbage bag of things. I got teased a lot for going to yard sales every week, but what can I say.....I'm addicted!!!! I got the following:


1. My best deal...a nice $3 winter coat for Jacob next year (I couldn't get it for that price at the consignment sale in July)

2. Two pair of shorts for Joshua

3. A pair of pants for Joshua

4. A football for Jack

5. 2 action figures for the boys

6. A Barbie toy for Jenna

7. a 100 piece puzzle for Jenna (she loves puzzles, and does well with 100 pieces)

8. a coloring book for Jenna (never used)

9. A jacket for Jacob

10. 2 books for the kids

11. two videos for the kids

12. a game that has 3 card games in one

13. A nice Mickey Mouse toy for resell

14. Plates and Napkins for Jacobs birthday (never opened...Buzz Lightyear)

15. A "Happy Birthday" sign for Jacob (never opened)


I could have bought a lot more, but I think this is a nice start! Next week I may have to yard sale early, or go into Raleigh to yard sale. I am watching the nursery for BHBC so their ladies can have a mother/daughter tea. I'll still get some in, I'll just have to plan accordingly!

2 comments:

fillup said...

You did great! Sounds and looks like you got some really good things! Yard sales are sure addictive! I love them!!! Love doing coupons too! It is really fun!!! I didn't go to any here yesterday, but hope to next Saturday morning. Yesterday (Saturday) was a full day, so didn't go to any sales. In the evening, we went to Smithfield with our friends to see Roy Clark! What a wonderful concert! This makes the third time seeing his concert, and never get tired of seeing him! Know the kids are having fun with the things you bought for them. Good luck next week on yard sales!!!

Lydia said...

Wow- you really did get some deals! I've never thought of getting party supplies before- what a great idea. It's expensive enough to do birthdays without having to pay full price for the paper good! Hey, if you ever want a yardsale buddy, give me a call.