BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 4, 2008

A Very Special Day















I really don’t know what to say. Yesterday, I had the most wonderful day. It was my birthday, and I have never been treated like such a princess. First of all, I got a lot of sweet cards from family and friends. Secondly, the preschool always treats teacher’s birthdays in a great way. I had flowers waiting for me. Melody gave me a book, a plant and some Reece’s (my favorite). The preschool also got me two bags of candy and a candle. One of my students gave me a necklace and earring set. Then of course, there were cupcakes…..but this was only the beginning.

I have a very romantic husband who decided to surprise me. He left like he was going to work, only he didn’t go to work. He took the day off, but didn’t tell me. I thought it was a normal day, but when I got back, he was here with a cake. He had also decorated the kitchen in purple and had a projector set up with my picture and “Happy Birthday” singing on it. We decided to get Joshua out of school early so that he could enjoy the party. Then, the kids (Jack) let me open presents. I got an outfit and the Waltons season 3 DVD (ok, that is showing my age). This again was not it. Jack had arranged for us to go out to dinner. We took our Outback gift certificate that we won at the couples conference and had a wonderful dinner….cheese fries, steak, and dessert to go!

Oh, and I was so touched at the kids. Jacob gave me a special key (it was special to him). Jenna and Joshua each gave me one of their dollars. I thought that was so sweet.

To everyone who made my special day so special, thank you! Thank you for sharing how much you care by your warm wishes and cards. It’s so nice to have friends that care. To my dear husband…….I don’t know what to say except thank you and I love you very much! Thank you for showing me how much you love me and how much you care for me.

3 comments:

fillup said...

What a wonderful birthday! We had fun also conspiring with Jack to surprise you! We enjoyed keeping the kids while you could go out to Outback and stores. The kids loved your party and were telling us about the presents they gave you, and was so touching! It was hard keeping the secret about Jack taking the day off and he did an excellent job decorating! Jack said he thought he had more fun decorating and getting cake, decorations etc and surprising you when you got home from preschool, and was so good Joshua could get out of school to celebrate! You deserve it Jennifer!!! Again, you are a good mother and wife, and your family loves you and so do Dad and me! Jack, again, you did a wonderful job preparing for such a wonderful day for Jennifer! We love you too!! Dad and Mom

Unknown said...

Looks like Jack did a great job. Hope you had a great Birthday!
Love ya,

sara said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Glad you had such a nice day!