BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cream Cheese Chicken

I FINALLY made this cream cheese chicken. Every time I had it on our menu, something came up. I put this in the crock pot before I left work, and when I got home at 3, the house just smelled divine!! I added the soup, milk, cream cheese an hour before I was done, and it made a wonderful gravy for the chicken and potatoes. The chicken was so tender, we didn't need a knife. I really liked this one. Here it is:

Cream Cheese Chicken (crock pot)
4-6 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 package dry Italian dressing mix
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz cream cheese, cubed
1/2 cup milk
Place chicken breasts, butter & Italian dressing in crock pot on low. Cook about 8 hours. One hour before serving, add the final 3 ingredients. Cook all ingredients until they are melted and it is the consistency of gravy. Use two forks to shred the chicken. Serve over rice, mashed potatoes, or pasta.

3 comments:

sara said...

YUMMY!!!! Comfort food.

Lydia said...

Sounds DELISH! I have a couple of similiar recipes I need to share with you since you liked that so much.

jennwa said...

That sounds so good. I am going to have to try that.