BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Science Project

So here we are the third week of school and already we have a project, science at that. We are doing an insect project. He has to pick an insect, and give a presentation on the insect. He can use a poster board display, journal entry of the day in the life of the insect, or "interview" the insect. He has to report, what the size is, any special colors, special body parts, how it moves around, what does it eat, where does it live, is it helpful or pesky, it's enemies etc. THEN..... he has to make a three dimensional representation of the insect. Ok all my science nuts.....can you give me any ideas? Joshua wants to do the butterfly, but I need any ideas!!!!


also, I got "tagged" by Lydia. Since she tagged everyone else that reads my blog, I can't tag anyone else. Here are five things you might not have known about me.

I am terrified of water. I don’t mind showers, baths etc, but a large amount of water scares me. I can’t swim. I don’t go far in the ocean, and I don’t get in a pool unless I touch bottom. I don’t even trust life jackets!!
I can’t stand for grass to get tall. I hate it! I love to mow, but I just get really spastic when our grass gets out of control.
I am a worry wart. I can worry about the silliest things. I rub my face and my eyes when I get stressed or when something is on my mind.
I am a very picky eater. I can’t stand vegetables! I can eat most fruit, but I hate veggies (I do like lettuce though)
I can’t drive a stick shift, but I used to drive my dad’s tractor! Can you picture that? I grew up on a farm and we had cows, and horses.
I am terribly shy. People tend to think I am stuck up because I am shy. I am doing better at this, but I don’t open up much to people. If you are one of the lucky ones, be careful. Once I open up to someone, I don’t stop!!!

4 comments:

Lydia said...

That was fun! I love getting to know people better- I'll try never to serve you veggies:) Also, I can't drive a stick shift either, I want to learn sometime soon.

fillup said...

Want to hear from mom??? Well, you sound a lot like your mom and also your dad!! I do not drive a stick shift either! Dad says "well, you use to drive everywhere on the farm etc. I tell him, that it is different in Raleigh and this traffic! Dad loves stick shift. I do not swim either! I guess I didn't realize you as shy or quiet, but guess I am also and when I get to know someone, we talk, talk talk! But being quiet is also like your dad. He is very quiet, but people remark how funny he is and they didn't know it (he would do funny skits for our Sunday School Class Fellowships) Jennifer, you have a wonderful personality. That is why you are so good with little kids and working with them! Guess you can't get after Joshua then for not liking certain things to eat? Ha. One thing you did on the farm that I didn't do....that was drive the tractor.

Unknown said...

:O) I don't know how to drive a stick shift, either. My brother-in-law gave me a lesson a few years ago, and he was shocked at how "panicky I was...just like your sister" Maybe that could be a team building exercise at the next couple's retreat! Bobby and I would fail misearbly!

sara said...

That was a good list. I will have to bring over some tall grass and a large amount of water- haha

Wow - that Science project sounds great! I need to get Wes going on something cool like that. Sorry I am no help....I will think about it, tho.