BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thoughts

I am SO HAPPY that I have a day off tomorrow! Yipee! I love a Friday off! Johnston County has a teacher workday and we follow Johnston County. The boys have school so it's just me and Jenna. Time will go by so quickly. I hope to catch up around the house, run a couple of errands and do another craft with Jenna. 2:30 will come by so quickly!

Today the boys had a half day. They got out at 11:30 and then at 1:15 I had a meeting with Jacob's teacher, Miss Sabo. Again, I heard nothing but positive things about him. He has stayed on green this entire time, he is good at math, he is very neat and careful with his writing etc. We do have a little trouble learning blends (ba, be, bi, bo, bu) and change the letter etc. She said he isn't behind and it will soon "click" with him. I am so proud. It's just another confirmation that we are in the right place.

Finally, I am so excited because tomorrow (Friday night) Jack and I are meeting several other couples from CBC and are going to the movie "Fireproof". It is a Christian movie with Kirk Cameron (who I used to have a HUGE crush on). It is from the makers of Facing the Giants which is also one of my favorite movies.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Lydia said...

We should have 18 people!! WHOOHOO- CHRISTIAN PARTY! We are going to Red Robin after the movie. I'm excited about trying out a new eating place!

Unknown said...

Great job Jacob. I have trouble with blends myself.

sara said...

Oh so that's why you went- just to see Kirk Cameron- does Jack know?! :)

fillup said...

I would like to see "Fireproof" too. I saw it advertised. Kirk Cameron is a Christian. In fact, several months ago, we both went to a series of Soul Winning and it was put on by Kirk Camerson at our church and was recommended by our pastor. I have the website somewhere if you would like to have it with Kirk Camerson and this other man (forgot his name). It was a good series of study. It was a vidoe and then we had this workbook etc. We enjoyed it and really learned a lot.

And......Jacob, proud of you!!!!!!