BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Jenna and the Prayer Request

We try to pray with the kids before bedtime and this is the conversation Wednesday night.....
Jack: "does anyone have any prayer requests tonight?"
Jenna: "pray for mommy's class tomorrow that they won't be bad anymore" (I guess even Jenna can even tell that things have been off to a crazy start!!)

Jenna continued. "Mommy, I like Laura". "She is sweet just like me". She is pretty, just like me"

Sometimes I wish I had the confidence she does. Maybe I am wrong, but I want her to know that she is pretty and special. I struggled and still struggle with self-worth, that I think it helps her to know that she is pretty and special. It's just cute when she mentions it during a prayer request!!

My class went better today. Thankfully, we lost one of the boys that was not potty trained and stayed on the floor and cried the entire time. He definitely had some major problems and was just not ready for preschool, and I am glad mom saw it. The class is still challenging, but it was better today and I hope that means more progress. I have been thinking about other things for next year. I don't make much money, so if we are able to keep the kids in school, I would like a better paying job. I guess working with the 3's has made me re-think things. My 4's, like always are great! I have been thinking about the possibility of just getting a part time job. I have also thought applying to Johnston Co. schools systems as a teachers aid. I have a friend that works 9-2 every day, makes more money and doesn't have to drive a bus (which I WILL NOT DO). We'll just see how things go. Have a great weekend!

0 comments: