BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sarah, Plain and Tall

Have you ever seen this series? I often think of this when I think of Sarah Palin (just change the letters around). I don't think of Sarah Palin as "Plain". I hate politics. I don't get into it, don't listen to it etc. I do vote and have voted the past 3-4 elections, but I hate listening to campaigns, debates and speeches. I did not really want to vote this year, but last night I actually stayed up and listened to Sarah's speech (I did go to bed at 11). I like her. She seems like a sincere woman. I just liked what she had to say, and I loved the way she carried herself. She is a mom, a wife, and she seemed very genuine. She looks like she could handle herself and keep up with the "big boys". Personally, my mind is not moved just because her daughter got pregnant. I think it is one more obstacle that her family is working through. I do love that she has a "special needs" child. How she can handle office and 5 kids (well let's say 3 since two look grown) I don't know, but a mom with determination can usually find a way to handle anything she puts her mind to. This will probably be the first and only post I have about politics, just because I am not crazy about it, but Sarah....you have my vote, and I'll be voting in November.

5 comments:

sara said...

I am the same as you when it comes to politics- but I like her too (it only helps that her name is Sara(h)!!

Jack said...

I liked her too. The only thing I just don't think she should be taking on this position with a small baby and children. There is no way they won't sacrifice with their mom doing this. VP of the United State is different from a 9:00 to 5:00 job.

Unknown said...

that's what Bobby said; but I think she'll have more time with her family as VP than she would if she were running for Pres.

One of our favorite things from last night: the little girl licking her hand to smooth down the baby's hair; that was a hoot!

Mark said...

Nto to mention that she is the firs VP candidate since Teddy Roosevelt that knows how to field dress a moose. And her huband is a former world champion snowmobile racer! (they call them "snow machines" in Alaska).

Lydia said...

I agree with Jack on this. Special-needs children require just a little more care than a typical child, not to mention that she will probably be helping her pregnant daughter with her soon-to-be-born little one. I just don't see how her family WON'T suffer for it, but to be gracious, I just have to hope that they have all talked it out and that she has truly considered her family rather than her career.