BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Teacher Conference

I had a teachers conference with Joshua's teacher, Mrs. Harris yesterday. I was nervous because I thought it was a little early for one, even though progress reports come out next week. She is starting conferences with everyone, so that made me feel better. What made me feel even better was the report she gave on Joshua. He is doing so well and has adjusted well to the new school. She has seen a lot of improvement especially in the last week and a half. He has been bringing home A's and B's on his tests and grades. I just couldn't be more proud!!
Ok, my day yesterday was crazy. I hope it gets better. Let me break it down.
Carter....he won't show up until next week (he is on vacation)
Brayden and Breyle, the twins.....no problem
Laura, very quiet, no problems
Nick, the red head little boy. Did fine unless he didn't get his way. I took a car away from him and he cried saying he wanted his mommy!!
James, the one very allergic to nuts....did great!!
Chrisitian....not ready for preschool. Not potty trained. Cried when asked to do his "work", freaked out when we wanted to paint his hand. He wouldn't even let us trace it.
Grant, pooped in his pants the first day, very immature. Told his mom next time it happens, she will be called and she will have to change it.
Emily, did fine. Needs to learn to share, but we had her sister last year, so she knows the drill.
Last, but not least, Reese, the red headed girl. The mom won't talk to me. Seriously, the girl has something medically wrong with her, but I don't know what it is. Mom is probably in denial (why do I always get these moms in denial?) She is a bully, and at 3, is probably as big as Jacob!!! I tried to lift her and almost hurt my back! Every 3 minutes I am calling her name. I was very tired yesterday and I only hope this class will get better and mature!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job Josh! I am very proud of you.

Lydia said...

Wow- what a class. Is the Laura you mentioned Amy's daughter? Glad your own kids are doing so well in school!

sara said...

Great job, Joshua!!!

Unknown said...

Yeah Josh! And to think you were worried he'd be behind!

Have you expressed your concernes about the child with the medical condition and the crazy mom to the director?

fillup said...

Didn't read the blog yesterday, so this morning thought I had better check it as today is our Bible Study and after getting home, might forget to check it. Anyhow....CONGRATULATIONS JOSHUA!!!! Knew you would do great!! PROUD OF YOU!
Hang in there Jennifer! Know it is a challenge, but you overcame many challenges at preschool and did great!!! Dad and Mom