BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 23, 2008

Friday



I got blessed with several gifts the last two days. Jack teases me and says I teach so that I can get presents. He also says I get presents all the time, but that is not true. I LOVE this job and I am proud to have found something that I love, but at the same time, I am not abandoning my kids. I know I don’t have to do this, but frankly, the last few months we have needed the extra money. I have struggled the last few months with “fitting in the mold”. Most of our church home schools and I am not part of that “group”. No one has ever treated me differently, but I put the pressure on myself, thinking I am not “right” or part of the group because I am not home schooling right now. The time is not right for me to home school, and I knot the time is coming where I will home school and be a part of the others. Right now God has called me to “work” and I am happy. Anyway, I didn’t mean to ramble. I just wanted to know that I am human too and struggle with things. Anyway, I got all these wonderful gifts….flowers, jewelry, lotion, note cards, $20 to Target (whoo hoo) $30 to Blockbuster (better get a membership). Melody also made me this movie package filled with Runts (love them), popcorn, candy blockbuster gift card) and diet coke. It will work great because hopefully tomorrow Jack and I can see Narnia! I am so excited!! I can’t smuggle the 2 liter diet coke in, but I can take some candy! I’ll post graduation pictures soon!

3 comments:

Lydia said...

I hope that I would never make you feel bad about not homeschooling. If I'm honest, I have to admit that there may come a day when I WON'T homeschool and will instead have to work, thanks to medical bills:( You have to do what is best for your family and I truly believe that some kids do better in the school system. Private schools are so expensive that that may not even be an option. Also, Jennifer- the elementary schools in our area are EXCELLENT! Be encouraged- you are a GREAT mom!

Unknown said...

I don't homeschool,either.

But you do get a lot of presents. When I taught HS, it always amazed me to see the elem teachers leaving with all their sweet little notes and goody bags. I got a home-made loaf of bread from a kid's Mom at Christmas, and I thought I had hit the jackpot! I think that was all I got. (and the kid hid it in his backpack until everyone had left the room!)

And I also work because I want to, not because I have to. I can see a point coming where I'll have to quit, and I dread it.

Lydia said...

Monica, you are welcome to homeschool my kids for me:) As it is, we will have to plan a field trip to your neck of the woods for gardening and geesing (ok I made that word up) lessons.