BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Look What 93 Cents Will Buy


First of all an update on Jacob. He is doing better. He actually went outside last night to play and had a spark! I took his temp this morning and it was 100.7, so that is better. I will work today, but I will keep him in another room apart from the kids. He can watch DVD's and play like he would if he were home. I called the nurse yesterday because his temp got up to 103, and she said there was some virus going around (can't say the name) and kids have about 15 different symptoms, and they all run high fevers. I can bring him in today if I feel it is needed, but unless his temp goes higher, I will let it run it's course. Between him and Joshua, I am looking forward to a night of uninterrupted sleep!
Next, my deals. I post this not to brag, but to help you save if you want to do it.Some of you have asked how I get all this free stuff. Here is how I did my savings for the week. I had $11.97 in ECB’s. You can use your ECB’s like a coupon. In this case, I would need to spend $11.97 to get the deal. (in other words if I spent $8.50, I couldn’t use the coupon). I bought 5 packs of coke, 1 tube of toothpaste and contact wash for Jack. My total came to $20.97 or something like that. I used a $3 off $15 order (which prints for me almost every week). I also had a coupon for $1 off the toothpaste. I handed the lady my last coupon and poof…my order for all of this came to $.93 cents! Yipee!! I also got $2.99 for my next shopping trip. I still have $6.98 that I can add to that.

Ok, so here is how I do this. You have to have a CVS card. My first rule is that I only buy things that I can use, give as gifts. Secondly, you have to be willing to spend money up front to get the ball rolling. I would also recommend starting small, like I did. I also studied for several weeks the blog of moneysavingmom.com. I watched her for several weeks and read up on how to do this. I highly recommend this as she walks you through the steps in detail. You also have to study the weekly ads, and the monthly paper (that is found in the stores). Here is how I started a few months ago. They had toothpaste for $2.99 and gave you $2.99 back in ECB’s for your next visit. Everything will have a limit. For example, you can only buy 3 of these toothpastes and then the ECB’s no longer work. Eventually, you start getting the ball rolling and your ECB’s get bigger. What really works good is if you use your ECB’s for the next weeks deals that give you more ECB’s. Tonight I got this toothpaste for 2.99, got $2.99 in ECB’s, and I also had a dollar coupon. That makes the deal extra sweet. This trip I only got $2.99 in ECB’s, however, I was able to get a nice sale item on the drinks. I am pretty much done for the week and the month of May. I’ll check again Sunday to see if there is anything else. Some weeks are great, and some are really lousy. I have cut my grocery bill down by getting items like this here. Also, I haven’t shopped Walmart in a long time! I hate driving over there, and it always seems dirty, but that is my opinion. I’d be happy to answer any questions if I can, but again, check out moneysavingmom.com. I think on the side she has a link about starting the CVS savings.

1 comments:

fillup said...

Wow! great deals. You are really getting great at this! Everytime I hear about your savings, I think of Aunt Joyce and how years ago she and I talked about our savings etc. Joyce was good at saving and back then it was nothing compared to what you are doing! Sure miss her and she always asked about you and the kids etc. and she would have really enjoyed hearing about how well you are doing with getting good deals. Keep up the good work!