BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 5, 2008

Strawberry Picking Again

We are going back to Smith's nursery today. I hope the rain holds off. I am ready for another bucket of berries.....can you believe that? Here is what I have done with the two buckets.....

1. washed them and ate them right away
2. bought little cakes and whip cream and ate them
3. gave some to my neighbor
4. froze some
5. covered some with chocolate!

Any other ideas for another bucket? I don't think I could make jam! I thought about making some smoothies or something if I could find a recipe.

3 comments:

sara said...

If you freeze them, then you would have a stash for smoothies anytime! We LOVE strawberry banana smoothies. Just frozen strawberries and bananas (or you could do fresh strawberries and frozen bananas) OR I LOVE frozen strawberries put in the blender with some sugar and water- YUM!

Unknown said...

"I don't think I could make jam!"..is that a challenge? If you want to learn, bring your berries and 5lb sugar to my house on Sat afternoon. It'll take a couple of hours (start to finish). Just let me know what time so I'll have the jars ready!

Lydia said...

Ok, so now I know someone who makes jam...I'll keep it in mind next time I try it, didn't do so well the last time:) Smoothies sound delish, though! As do the shortcakes and chocolate covered berries...mmmm, I'm hungry.