BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

LAST DAY OF SCHOOL

FINALLY....it's over! Today is the last day of school. I now "officially" have a second grader!! No more rushing in the mornings. No more sitting in long car pool lines. Only two more weeks until the beach!!! Now, it's time to find things for them to do all day! Now it's try to get his math where it should be for the new school. My biggest concern is trying to teach him cursive writing in the summer. I don't know what I am doing and I am afraid it will be a battle. Anyone have any suggestions? Anyone know how to teach someone how to do cursive writing? Anyone willing to do it for me ? (ha ha) I am desperate here!!!

4 comments:

fillup said...

Wow! Did this school year ever go fast! And hard to believe Joshua will be in second grade! Seems like just a year ago that I kept him as a baby everyday while you worked and enjoyed that so much, and now here he is a young man! What to do this summer? Well, I know there will be days you will feel like you are going "nuts!" But, enjoy the kids as they grow up so fast! Some day I will come out and watch Jenna in her gymnastic/dance. Know she will be so good at it. My little princess is growing up fast also, as well as Jacob! MY THREE MCLEAN JEWELS!

Lydia said...

Cursive, huh? I'm hoping to teach Kimberly this next school year and I bought a really neat book- you'll have to check it out next time you're over.

Unknown said...

Have you ever been to Stone's School Supply on Tryon Rd? Their books aren't cheap but they would have books on cursive writing...or check Wal-mart or Target. Really all you need is a basic instructional book and then sheets of extra paper for practice.

Unknown said...

I've done lots of cursive-teaching. Just get a good book and go through it (I can give recommendations too if you want).
The secret is - approach it like he is learning to make beautiful artwork! Tell him that people will look at his handwriting when he grows up and learn something about him through it, and ask him what qualities he wants them to see about him in it. (Diligence, carefulness, orderliness....?) Tell him he is laying the foundation of his future! He might even use good handwriting to save someone's life.

(OR maybe you all can just have fun with it...! :)
Here is a VERY interesting article on handwriting. :)