BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Catching Up



I need to catch up on my posts. Last week we went over to Lydia's for a couple of hours for a play date. Here is a picture of the girls playing. I think they were playing duck duck goose, but we got them still for a minute. I was really happy to see Jenna warm up a little bit and finally find some of "her friends". She really enjoyed it. We all did!!
I worked Sunday night at the Kids Exchange sale. I got paid to work and sort out everything that had not sold. That is a HUGE job. I worked from 5-9, but the good part is that I could bring my stuff home that night. I didn't come home with much. I brought one toy, one pair of shoes (out of 4 or 5) and 24 pieces of clothing (out of 145). I actually passed down tons of things too, or I could have sold more. I believe we have been blessed, so I like to pass down things as well. (I'm going to miss the lady that gave me these hand me downs...I won't see her anymore what will we do?) Now, I do have to clarify that my items are priced CHEAP....my goal is not to mark a pair of pants at $6. My goal is to NOT bring home the clothes!!! I don't want to store them, I want to get rid of them, so I price mine more than a yard sale, but enough to make a little too. Most of my items were around $2-$3, some lower, and a few higher. We'll see next week how well I did.

3 comments:

Lydia said...

You are smart to price like you did. I passed over anything that was higher than $5 except for some outfits that had several pieces to it. People went WAY too high this year.

Unknown said...

isn't that crazy? Why would anyone pay over $5 for a used item when you can/could find new clearance items at Target or Wal-mart for the same price?

Jack said...

I was wondering if you had quit blogging. How am I going to keep up with the family news? = )