BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Craft with the Kids









I found this craft on the Crafty Crow (thanks Sara for the website). I needed a salad spinner, so I found one at Walmart for $2.97. I cut a piece of cardstock the size of the inside spinner. The kids had fun splotting paint in and spinning it and then seeing what their creations looked like. I really like that every one's was unique. I even did some. We put them outside to dry because they were VERY wet. Next, we took paper towel holders and painted them and let them dry. I used all washable paint so that I could do this again. I hung Joshua's up like this. I really need some string to make this work better. All I had were pipe cleaners. I'll get some string so that I can finish Jacob and Jenna's. It was fun to do this with them, and I am so glad I FINALLY found a craft on my level!!

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Oooo...I think even I could manage that. I'm awful at art class. My poor kids need a better teacher:) I'm definitely going to check out Crafy Crow when I get a chance!

sara said...

That is ADORABLE!!!!!! I love how all of them turned out! I must have missed that one on the crafty crow...