BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Great Trip

Jack and I had a GREAT time!! This may take two different posts, but that's ok. I dropped the kids off Thursday around 6:30 and drove back to Garner. Jack and I were going to go to movie, but decided that it would be at the $1.50 theater in another week or so. We decided we would rather enjoy a nice dinner together, so that is what we did. Friday morning we left at 6 am and headed to Charlotte. We made great time that we decided to look for a Walmart or Target, but we couldn't find one. We did find the Lowe's Motor Speedway, so we drove around that and looked. Neither one of us had been there before and were amazed at how big it was. We arrived at Carowinds about 9:30. We walked into the park and went as far as we could go until they officially opened it at 10 am. We walked right onto our first roller coaster. Then we went to another roller coaster...walked right on that....we went to yet another roller coaster and walked right onto that. We made it on three roller coasters before 10:30!! This continued for every ride we walked up to, except the water rides. I have never been to an amusement park where you didn't have to wait!!! Carowinds new roller coaster had a line, so we waited there for at least an hour, but that is mainly because it takes them so long to load and unload and they only have one going at a time. I'll save that for another post.
I am really proud of myself. It's been at least 8 years since I've been to an amusement park, and even though I am old now, I still did everything, and acted like a 20 year old. I rode EVERYTHING Jack did! I may have screamed, which is half the fun, but I did everything! I've still got it!! The heat really hit us hard and we both ended up with a little sunburn. We were both slowing down and getting very tired, so by 4:30 we were done. I wasn't upset because we rode everything important and then some. We drove to our hotel, got into some dry clothes, rested a little and went driving, hoping to find a place to finish getting our school supplies and a place to eat (all we had was a biscuit in the morning...you definitely don't want to load up at an amusement park!!!). We were amazed that we found a shopping center with a Walmart and TONS of eating places!! We were able to finish the school supplies and have a nice relaxing dinner. We went back to the hotel and rested and used the pool.
Saturday we woke up and had a continental breakfast at the hotel, left and went to Concord Mills Mall.....a true shoppers paradise. We were there for 4 hours!!! I can't wait to go back. We found the boy's shoes for school and Jack got a pair so our mission was accomplished. We even treated ourselves to Coldstone ice cream (yum yum...another favorite of mine). We drove back and met the Cooley's and our kids for dinner.
There is so much more to tell and show of the trip and I will do that tomorrow and possibly the days to come. We did have a great time and I can't wait to share more!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

welcome home! glad y'all had a great time...

Lydia said...

I'm so glad you had some fun couple time! And we are definitely going to Concord Mills Mall together- soon!

sara said...

Sounds like the perfect vacation!!