BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My Last Vacation Post

This will be the last vacation post. First of all, I want to say how grateful I am that my husband values spending quality time with me. I am so grateful for the time that we were able to get away. We got a lot for our money this weekend, and I am proud of that. We were going to spend two nights in Charlotte, but we decided to use that money for something else. We were able to get our tickets to Carowinds for $36 each using a 3 day advance on line purchase. We didn't buy much in the park, just fluids to keep us from getting dehydrated. Next, we got a room at the Hyatt. It was a really nice room with a flat panel TV that swiveled around so you could see it from the couch or the big king size bed!!! We got the room for free using our credit card points. We never carry cash. We charge everything, pay it off every month and get rewards for every dollar we spend. So, we cashed in and got this free!! For dinner we split a really nice dinner that included bread (oooh...I LOVE BREAD) salad, steak, shrimp and ribs! Yum Yum. Saturday's breakfast was provided by the hotel (bagels, cereal etc). We split a Cold Stone for lunch and then ate dinner with the Cooleys at Jack Astor's in Cary that night! Most of our money went buying the kids school supplies and shoes for school!

1 comments:

Lydia said...

I Love Jack Astors! Haven't been there in a while, though...