BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mrs. Martin




Mrs. Martin is a lady who lives down the street from my mom. For many years, she did preschool out of her home. It was a very nice, organized, structured preschool. It wasn't something where mom had free time for a few hours. She actually had bulletins boards and followed a schedule. In fact, Joshua went there when he was 2. I would go to mom's house and walk him down the street. Last year, she had a sale of all her toys and teaching materials. I bought a few things. Some of her toys were very old.
Anyway, Mrs. Martin must be doing some more cleaning because she called my mom last week wanting to know if I would want some magazines. Mom accepted them and I didn't think much of it, but when I picked them up, I realized I hit the gold mine! There were books just full of activities, games, bulletin board ideas, crafts etc. Then, she had a ton of teaching magazines full of the same plus templates etc. I feel like a kid in the candy store!! I am going through the magazines and just ripping out what I think I can use and then I plan on making a file system so that I can organize everything better. Otherwise, I will never be able to find anything when I need it. I hope some day I can use these things. I know Melody will let me use a few ideas, but obviously I can't take completely over the classroom. I hope that I can either move up someday to a teaching position (if anyone would ever leave) or teach in a school (now I wish I were teaching K4). There is a good possibility that I may be teaching children's church (or should I say helping) so maybe I can find something that I could use there (although most of this stuff is time consuming). This picture doesn't even show everything she gave to me. Thank you, Mrs. Martin!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lord willing we'll be in a semi-permanent location soon, and I'm sure there'll be something you can do in at least one of the children's rooms!

sara said...

Wow- that is great!!!!!