BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Bonus of Being a Teacher


There is a bonus of being a teacher....you get showered with gifts. Out of 21 students I have, I received 19 gifts. Here is the picture from the first day, but I actually got more the second day. I got a candle, ornament,lotion $ 5 gift card to Chick fil A, homemade bread and ghiradelli chocolates, home made chocolate pretzels, lotion, dunkin donuts gift card and cookie bouquet, photo holder and candle, candle, home made candy, a $10 to chick fil A, a coffee/cocoa mug set, $25 to Chilis, home made cookies, home made toffee, snowman candle, snowman and snowman ornament, snowman mug, box of chocolates, and a $40 gift card to Target (which will be spent immediately!!!)

I am honored to get such gifts, but more importantly were the sweet comments made by the parents thanking me and Melody for the work we do, or how much we impact our kids lives. They are all such a joy to me and I truly love each one of them. They are a blessing to me. I have finally found a "job" that isn't a "job" and something that I am truly good at and have passion about. I pray that if God wants me to home school next year that he will take the desire of teaching away from me, because I know I will really miss it. I struggle knowing where my gifts and talents are, and I just truly beleive I am good at this job, even though I am not the craftiest person in the world. I know there is a good chance this will be taken from me next year, and if not next year soon thereafter. Then, I'll have to find some other passion, something else that I am gifted in. I realize it doesn't take a genious to work with 3/4 year olds, but I see a lot in Joshua's teacher. If you don't like your job like she shows, then your students feel it and you make their year miserable!

3 comments:

sara said...

No, you don't want the passion of teaching to go away- you will want the passion to teach your children! Believe me it is very rewarding!

Unknown said...

Hmmm... if you home school, don't pray that the Lord will take away your desire to teach!! Just ask Him to give you the GRACE to enjoy teaching your own little ones! :-)

I missed you this morning - was I just unobservant, or is somebody ill? I love you and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Pam said...

My favorite part of the gifts from my students was always the sweet comments from parents. Merry Christmas to you and your family!