BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Calgon, Take Me Away!!!!

Maybe I am showing my age here, but did you ever see that commercial where the mom wants an escape and says "calgon, take me away" I woke up this morning, and I am still a little groggy. I haven't even made it out of bed yet and here is my morning.....

"Mom....where are my pants?"

"Mom, I said where are my pants"( now we are whining)

"I can't find my pants" (now we are crying loudly)

Imagine in my business of the night time routine, I had the audacity to lay out two shirts instead of pants!! So, I fixed Jacob's problem, and climb back into bed.... 2 minutes later

"Mom, which shirt am I supposed to wear" pipes Joshua. I fix that problem.

Two minutes later....

"mom will you button my pants"

I try to quickly get the bulletins ordered for the church and then Jenna comes in and says "mom, I'm really hungry, what's for breakfast"....BREAKFAST? I haven't even gotten clothes on or a shower!!!

Then, I go in to attempt to fix breakfast and I hear "Mom, when are you going to give me my breakfast?"....like I am some type of slacker!!! I open the pantry and hear "I want poptarts, I want this...". You get what you get kids is what I wanted to say! I am making breakfast and Jenna spills her OJ all over the table. I managed to make special cinnamon and sugar biscuits that I got from Jenn's blog, and FINALLY I hear.....wow, this is really good!!!

All this in an hour and Jack somehow gets to stay in bed. Why don't they ever ask dad for things? This is my question for the day!!! Does anyone have any answers? I know my responses were not right, and I know the excuse of "let mommy actually wake up and function first" is not really an excuse. I am better now. Their tummys are full, cartoons are on, and maybe I can get 5 minutes to myself!!! Oh, and I would still love some advice on kid's games and football picks!

3 comments:

jennwa said...

I get the same thing. My kids all want something different things for breakfast. Then before I finish getting breakfasts ready,they will be on the next thing for me to do. My poor kids hear,"Mommy can only do one thing at a time."
Why they can not ask Daddy is because they will tell them to wait, then the kids will come bother us. So they just skip that step. At least that is how it is at my house.
I could ramble on for hours on this topic but I won't. Just know you are not alone.

Mark said...

You didn't need any help with the picks. You got a perfect score!

Pam said...

I know the feeling! Argh! I would love to spend time with my kids if they would just let me be for a little while so that I could get something done. Instead, I am forever trying to survive...