BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 6, 2008

New Deals and the Homework Assignment




Joshua got his first, first grade project. He needs to make a concept cube on the Wood Stork, an animal native to NC. The cutting and making the cube will be done at school. We have to do (notice I said we) the research and the writing. I don't have a problem doing a project like this, however, I wish you could see better the small space that he has to fit this writing in, and it must be complete sentences. The lines are about 5 inches long, and not even an inch and a half wide. I am not sure if I can even write that small! I am worried because Joshua writes VERY BIG....so this might be very challenging for the both of us! We have a title page, a page about habitat, food, adaptation, life cycle, and interesting facts.

Mean while, we went to Kohl's Friday night. I may try to go back this week. They are having 80% off clearance sales. I got Joshua a shirt for $2.40, and Jacob 3 shirts for $2.40 each. So, four shirts less than $10.50....not too bad!!!( 2 long sleeve, 2 short sleeve)

2 comments:

jennwa said...

When my kids have projects like that, I always make them practice what they are going to write on another piece of paper first. They hate it but it helps.
Great deals at Kohl's.

sara said...

That looks like a good project, you'll have to show what it will look like when it is complete as the cube.