BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sweet Tortilla Snowflakes


Ok, you know me...I want to do crafts but am not crafty. The kids helped me cut these out and it's been awhile since I've cut snowflakes. I also don't have a good pair of kitchen scissors. Anyway, I made these snowflakes. Nothing will go to waste. With my cut outs, I will use cinnamon and sugar and bake them, which is one of my kids favorite treats.

flour tortillas
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup confectioners sugar

fold each tortilla into quarters then snip out shapes to make snowflakes. place snowflakes on a lightly greased baking sheet, bake 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from over and dot each one evenly with chocolate chips, return to oven briefly to melt the chips. once the chips melt, transfer to a cooling rack and use a butter knife to spread the chips. place in fridge for 5-10 minutes to harden the chocolate, then put c. sugar in a sieve and shake an even layer across them. serve on a dark plate.

2 comments:

sara said...

That looks so cute and yummy! We will have to try it!

Pam said...

This looks so yummy AND fun! I have never seen that idea before.