BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Another Weekend Almost Over

Weekends go by so quickly. We enjoyed our family night/taco night. We played play-doh and bingo. Saturday Jack and I were able to get out for a couple of hours. Tiffany had to be at work, so we weren't out too long, but I enjoyed the time. We went to Old Navy, and the mall. We ate Chinese food for lunch. I was craving it so bad (no I am not pregnant!). I am so grateful to Jack to want so spend quality time with me, and I think it is good for the kids to see that our relationship is important and that we do need this time together.
I felt a little embarrassed over the weekend. Sara stopped by to view the house and it was a complete disaster. She lives 5 minutes away, so there isn't much time to tidy up. I guess she saw how we really live! I guess I started feeling a little overwhelmed because I am having this shower for Olivia in two weeks. I don't have to do anything but open my home, but I got to thinking "what on earth am I doing"? My house isn't that big, and I don't have the talents of hosting a shower. I guess I started feeling a little inadequate. I also spent my weekend wondering what my talents really were. I certainly can't cook, and I can't decorate or do any crafty things, that's for sure. I am not a good hostess and Sara can account for that (ha ha). I am just really searching and asking God what my true talents are. I know I am called to be a mother, but I don't necessarily think that is a talent. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother with this blog. I have about 3 total people who actually read it. I guess some day I will look back on it and remember what my kids did and said. Maybe it's just my gloomy weekend. PLEASE MORE SPIRIT! (see the entry on Beth Moore) I went this afternoon and worked out and that helped. I think sometimes just getting out of the house alone helps too!

2 comments:

Jack said...

So talented and you don't even see it. I should be the one saying I don't know what my talents are, not you. God has used you to encourage me in so many ways since I met you. Believe in yourself sweetheart for God is using you in powerful ways.

sara said...

I agree with Jack- you are such an encouragement to me. You are the kind of person that is sweet and easy to talk to. That is not often the case in a lot of people- it is a true gift. I would not drop by just anyone's house- I feel like you are a person I could call to borrow a movie from! Thanks for being a good friend. I know we will have a lot more fun times. You are very talented and YES, YOU are a good housekeeper. I know this because you change and wash your sheets every week! I wash mine only when my Mom is coming for a visit (slight exaggeration, as she only comes twice a year!) anyway, I hope you will forgive me for ruining the shopping day today- maybe we can plan something again-soon!