BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 12, 2007

Great Weekend




I had a great weekend on the ladies retreat. I'll be posting pictures during the week. I can't go any further with this until I first give a BIG THANK YOU to my wonderful husband, Jack, for watching the kids the entire weekend and for allowing me to go. You did such a wonderful job and I am so thankful. It was just such a nice time and I never thought I would get to know the women of my church the way I did. It made me so grateful to be a part of such a wonderful body of women. We left around 2:15 on Friday stopped twice for a break and again for a fast food dinner. We put our stuff down at the hotel and then went to the conference. After the conference, they put on a wonderful spread of food for us...meatballs, teraki chicken, spirals, brownies, cookies, etc! We went back to the hotel, changed into our PJ's and then played a hilarious game of "who done it".....someone used comet to clean their teeth, someone was a bartender, someone just learned to pluck their eyebrows (I had to put that one in there for you know who). It was just a wonderful way to get to know one another.

I roomed with Nancy Knight (the pastor's wife) and Nancy Burns. We stayed up talking until about midnight. I had really good roommates. Saturday we woke up and had breakfast at the hotel, went to the conference, ate yet another snack, went to a workshop, ate lunch, another workshop and then the ending to the conference. We got home about nine Saturday night. The kids had valentines ready for me as I walked into the door, and there was flowers waiting for me on the table (maybe I should leave more often).

I will save tomorrow's entry for more details about the speaker and workshops. I will enclose my roomies and a picture of all of the ladies who went with us. It is something that I will never forget!

0 comments: