BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

A Very Special Day


Joshua took this picture of us!!

With all the love theme going on this month and on the blogs, I thought I would join in. It was 10 years ago today that Jack asked me to marry him! We knew that we were going to get married, I was just waiting for all the formality. (and to make sure he didn't want to back out). I thought he would do it New Years Eve at midnight, but he didn't do it. I guess in the back of my mind I figured it would be Valentines Day. Well, he didn't want me to expect it, so he proposed a week early! It was a Friday night and we couldn't go to Outback until about 8 or after that night. (Outback was where he took me on our first date) I really didn't want to go (I hate eating so late), but I went. (Let me back up by saying he brought me flowers and balloons that night too....still didn't think anything because he did that a lot). We had a nice normal dinner, and I didn't think much of anything. After dinner, we talked and then headed out to his car to go home. All of a sudden, he got this really mean tone to him like he was mad at me. He said something like "we need to talk" (that isn't good) "with all this talk about getting married and being together" and honestly that is all I heard because my mind was trying to process things. I thought he was really mad, or that he was going to break things off. He got on one knee, pulled out the ring, and asked me to marry him. Of course I did say yes. Because I was older, I didn't want to wait, so we were married six months later, August 23, 1997. I can't believe we are about to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. It seems like a long time, but at the same time, I feel like we have known each other and been with each other forever. Of course, we will be together for ever.

2 comments:

Jack said...

What a lucky man I am!! Such a wonderful wife! Love you sweetheart!

Tiffany said...

yup! he's in the accounting class... he's got account 1 and i'm in 2 but it's the same room

he's also in 2 classes with chris... weightlifting and drafting

p.s. josh takes good pictures!