BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Boy's First Fish









We had our church picnic Saturday at Bobby and Monica's. We had a really great time and a great turnout. I love getting together, although I spent most of the time making sure the kids weren't in the lake. The food was great! I even took a bite of the pig! (thank goodness for hamburgers and Bojangles chicken!!!). The boys had a blast! They went fishing in the pond and Jacob caught the first fish. He came up to me and grabbed my hand and said "I need to show you something". He was so proud. I could tell Joshua was upset that he didn't get one. Finally, Joshua caught one. You could tell how proud he was. He wasn't content with that one. Right after we finished eating, he went back to the pond and tried some more. He finally caught another one, and was looking all over the place to find me to show me. He really wanted grandpa to see the pictures too because grandpa gave him the pole.

2 comments:

fillup said...

Joshua and Jacob way to go! You are going to catch more fish than grandpa and your dad when they go fishing. Sounds like you all had fun at the picnic. Grandma

Pam said...

WOW! My husband went fishing with his dad on Saturday for the first time since we were married. The poor guy didn't catch a thing!