BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 17, 2007

A Long Year?

I think Melody and I are in for a long year at preschool. We have two criers in our three year old class. One cries the entire time. Today, we had the four year old class. We have one little girl that cried when her mom left, and then continued for 45 minutes. Then, every day, including today, as soon as we get on the playground she cries until her mom gets there. Sometimes, it is fake crying, but it wears on you regardless. I mean, come on...you are 4 years old now....get a grip! The worst part is that Melody just called me. Apparently Chase's mom just called the preschool director wanting to know what on earth happened in our classroom today. So, Priscilla called Melody to find out. Chase went home and told his mom that it got dark and that the clock went off the wall etc. Well, after snack time, we tell the kids to get on the carpet and get a book and sit quietly until we are ready to go out. If the kids get "rowdy" we turn of the lights for a moment to remind them. The clock came off the wall, because Kayla, our crier, kept looking at the clock waiting for her mom to come. I mean, come on....do you have to call the preschool director for that? Why couldn't you call or talk to Melody or me if you have a problem. Why do you have to go over our heads? Let me say we weren't in trouble, and Priscilla backed everything we did. Melody and I are concerned that this mother is a trouble maker and it will be a long year. She even brought his own snack the first day because "he is so picky" (which he has ate everything I brought him so far).

Anyway, Melody and I got spoiled last year with a good class. Don't get me wrong, I still want to work. I am already attached to both classes, but I sure could do with a doubly overprotective parent!!!! I'll try to get some pictures of my four year old class soon.

1 comments:

fillup said...

Stick with it honey. You are a good teacher, and the kids will fall in love with you and cling to you! It takes awhile, and soon those who cries a lot will stop, and dealing with some parents can be a challenge, but with God's help, you will do great! You have always been very good with little kids! Your calling I believe. Love: Mom