BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Friday Family Night With Friends





Last night was of course family night. It was Jacob's turn, but we had special plans that I didn't tell him about. The Mincy's invited us to Ci Ci's pizza and then over to Chuck E Cheese to let the kids play. (Jessie, we missed you). We really had a good time and the kids had a blast! They had fun riding the rides and playing all the games. Of course, they loved picking out their prizes!! Oh, and I beat Jack at air hockey, so I AM STILL AIR HOCKEY CHAMPION! (that goes way back to our honeymoon!!). Thanks Mincy family for inviting us!!

It was really fun for me to get out and I needed it. Lately, I have felt a little "isolated" or the "outcast" because everyone in the church homeschools, or if they don't homeschool, they go to a Christian School. I would love to send Joshua, but finances won't allow it right now. I am hoping to send them there next year with me working. I know home schooling is not right for me right now, and I guess sometimes I get a complex thinking people at our church say "how could you ever send your child to a public school?" I guess that is just one thing I will never have in common with people, and can not join in that conversation when it comes up. Anyway, we had a fun time and now we are working in the house trying to clean etc. I am glad Joshua has no school Monday!

1 comments:

Pam said...

Aw, I know what you mean about feeling outcast isolated if you are doing something different. I have given a lot of thought to what I will do when the kids get to be school age. Many of my friends homeschool, but our church has a Christian school, and I may teach there while the children attend. If I homeschooled, I would actually be in the minority at our church! You just have to do what is right for your family. I have a precious friend who teaches at and sends her children to a Christian school, and she really helped me to see that it doesn't matter what other people do. You have to seek the Lord's will for you and your family, whether you have the support of others or not.