BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 8, 2007

I Am In Heaven........

So far this has been a wonderful trip. We dropped the kids off last night at the Cooley's. Joshua didn't even want to say goodbye because he was having so much fun. Jacob and Jenna did fine over night and did great at Bethany Hills today. Joshua was excited to go to his old church. Thank you Traci, for loving my kids and taking such good care of them.

The trip over to Memphis was absolutely perfect! The trip to Atlanta was quick (Jack took a dircect flight) . I was able to find my connecting gate just fine. It was a very nice airport. I got to Memphis about 10 minutes ahead of schedule. Jack and I took a taxi over to the Peabody in time to get checked in and then to see the ducks march in! Can I just say that this hotel is just AMAZING! This is nothing the McLean's could ever afford. If I had to go home tomorrow, I would be so happy to have this opportunity to stay in a a place like this. It is one of the top 100 hotels in North America!!! I can see why. I can't wait to show you pictures of the lobby and our room (and we had a small normal room....can you imagine what the suites are like?). We made our way after the duck march to Graceland. That was so incredible. We got to tour Elvis' mansion, planes etc. We were there over 2 hours and so far today I have taken over 100 pictures (oh you poor readers that will have to see all these pictures!!!). We came back to the hotel, called the Cooley's to check on the kids and then grabbed a bite to eat and walked around Beale Street. We heard several Blues bands playing and it was so much fun. We came back and saw the ducks march back out for the night! Then, Jack surprised me with a horse and carriage ride! I have always wanted to do that, and it was so relaxing.

2 comments:

sara said...

Oh my word...you are living the high life!!!! I am so happy for you- a Mom of three kids under six can sure enjoy all of that :)

Mark said...

Sounds like fun. It brings back memories. My friends Sonny Moorman and Catrina's fav. Gene Kelton recorded at Sun Studio. I would like to get my turn someday! It took me way more than 2 hours to go through Graceland as I had to study all the guitars and gold records, etc.
Glad you got to go to Beale St. Great food and great blues.
Yes, a night at the Peabody was more than my monthly apt. rent at the time. I stayed on the other end of Union Ave. at a motel that made Motel 6 look like the Waldorf!