BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Movie Day




I had to get a little creative yesterday. The kids wanted to go to a movie. There was nothing good playing at the free movies in Garner, but Smithfield had a good one. I checked on line to get directions and found out they did not take credit cards (I never carry cash). I told the kids I couldn't go. I could tell they wanted to do something, so I went up to the video store and rented the movie (Over the Hedge) that they were going to see. We set up a blanket on the floor and ate popcorn, and they really enjoyed it! It saved me money too! I am sure next week we will have to go to the free movies as Curious George is playing, and you know how Jacob loves that!!! We also baked some cookies. You can tell by the picture I cheated. I am no Martha Stewart, but I did find this big tub of cookies that you can bake a few and put it back in the refrigerator, and that is what we did. I gave the kids 30 minutes of quiet time yesterday. I made them all go to their beds and read books until the microwave timer went off. Well, when the timer went off, it was still quiet. They had all gone to sleep!!!

2 comments:

sara said...

Great idea! I need to get a sitter so I can take the boys to a movie.

Pam said...

We sometimes to family movie night with popcorn, milkshakes, and blankets on the floor. The kids love it, but Phoebe wants to do it EVERY night!