BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Memphis Trip

This time next week, I'll be in Memphis with Jack. Next month, we celebrate our 10 year anniversary, so this is just a perfect gift for us! Wow! A chance to get away. Let me tell you how the Lord worked everything out:

1. We actually had two people say they could watch the kids. One of those two actually volunteered. Can I repeat that....They VOLUNTEERED!!! (how many times does that happen?)

2. The airline tickets were very high (higher than going to San Francisco). I was very worried about what to do. Jack told me to go ahead and get it that night before prices went up even more. I waited and the next day I found out his final plans, and the ticket went down $100 (below the SF cost). It stayed that price for a couple of days and then went back up.

3. Jack got his tuition reimbursement check.....just about $30 less than the price of my airline ticket!!! We forgot about that money coming in, but it was perfect timing.

I am really excited, but nervous too. I always get that way when I leave my kids. Please pray for Scott and Traci and my mom and dad (they are going to have them the last night) as they watch my kids. For those of you who did not see where we were staying, please check this out.
http://www.peabodymemphis.com/
I can't wait to see the ducks march in, work out, relax in the heated pool, go to Graceland, etc! How blessed I am! Please pray for the kids though! I'll be back next Wednesday!!

3 comments:

sara said...

Sounds like so much fun!!!! Glad you can go.

Pam said...

We are planning to go away for our 10 year anniversary next year. Have fun! Enjoy the break! I love how the Lord worked everything out.

fillup said...

Just now reading your blog. (Wed at 12:40pm) Know you are excited about going to Memphis. You will have to tell us all about it when you get back. Maybe Dad and I can run up there sometime.

God is so good about working things out, and Jack getting that check. So exciting to see God time after time taking care of His children.

Mom and Dad