BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 31, 2007

Trying to Find Balance

The first week of school went pretty well. Carpool is going better, and I am learning how to manage my time. The hard part is trying to find a balance for Joshua. It's hard for me to find the balance with the time Joshua has at home. We get home around 3:30 and then I let him play/watch a video. I also have to squeeze in getting dinner prepared, homework, reading, and his Patch program for Sunday, with still trying to give him more time to play. I need to get his work done, but I want him to have "down" time too! I think the first week has gone ok, but I hope it doesn't get harder. Joshua started soccer practice last night too!

The staff meeting went well yesterday. Jenna met her teacher, and Jacob is excited because he will be "line leader" when his school starts. We have orientation next week, and then my "free" time is over. My three year old class should be good. I have 7 girls and 3 boys. My four year old class is even 6 boys, 6 girls. I know most of the girls from Jacob's class last year, and they are really good, sweet girls. I am excited to get started.

I am looking forward to the long weekend. Mostly to give Joshua a break, and for me to get caught up on things around here. W aren't doing much except tonight when we are meeting friends at Ci Ci's and then taking the kids over to Chuck E Cheese to play. Jacob doesn't know what is family night is. I know hew will enjoy it. I have told Joshua about tonight's family night and of course he is excited.

0 comments: