BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Home Sweet Home



Wow, what a trip. It's much harder when you are by yourself. I figured out where to go in California, but then, our flight to Philadelphia was delayed by an hour. I knew I would be pushing things. The trip home was long, mainly because I was hungry and by myself. They don't give snacks, only food to buy. I slept a little bit. I finally arrived in Philadelphia and found out that I had to take a shuttle to my flight!! Of course, that flight was delayed an hour too. Needless to say, I didn't get a good taste of "brotherly love". The city at night was beautiful! I'd like to see it again some day. I arrived home at about 2 am, so I am tired. Anyway, let me share some pictures and share what we did.

Sunday: Jack and I arrived in San Francisco around 9:45. We got to our hotel room around 11 am. We soon discovered that transportation around San Francisco was not that easy. We ended up taking the hotel bus back to the airport in order to take the "subway" system into downtown. That was an unique experience. I felt like we wasted a lot of time trying to wait for each means of transportation. We finally got to downtown San Fran, so we went right over to Pier 39 for some lunch. They have a lot of nice shops there. We were able to see Alcatraz and the sea lions from there.
We then went to Fishermans Wharf. Again, we got different views of the sites. We could see the Golden Gate a little closer. I really wanted to see the Golden Gate up close, but there just wasn't enough time. I did see it from here and also from the airplane.

We walked around a lot and saw different things....the horse and carriage rides, the bread they make (and it smelled so good) and they make the bread into teddy bears. I did get to ride the cable cars which was a lot of fun! We were able to see part of China town, Coit tower, and some other things.

By this time I was so tired. We had been up since 3:45 am. We took the subway back and almost got lost, and finally go to the hotel. It was about 11 pm our time. We went down and ate at the restaurant and then went to the hot tub!I'll send more pictures tomorrow and fill you in on the rest of my trip. I didn't realize San Fran was cold!! I will post more tomorrow, but I must take this time to thank mom for watching the kids so that I could have this once and a lifetime trip, and to Jack for allowing me to go and adding even more memories to our precious love story. Thank you to both. It wouldn't be possible without you! I love you

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad you guys had alot of fun. Love the pictures! I just uploaded the soccer ones yesterday so I will send you the one I have with Joshua just about to score. Glad you are back!