BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 14, 2008

The ACC Chili Cook Off

It's that time again...the ACC tournament and the great Gilead Sciences Chili Cook off. Once again, Jack entered my chili. I don't know why he does this. He knows I can't cook! At least no one knows who the chili belongs too. He was telling me this morning about the winner from last year and he sounded like a chili expert. He said the winning chili had a great "texture" and the color was "consistent". I wanted to laugh, except it was still 5 am. Yes, I got up at 4:15 to put everything in the crock pot. I told him if he wanted to win a prize he should just buy several cans of Hormel Chili and put it in our crock pot!!!!

I did make something good last night. They are called Crescent Bundle Surprises. They are SO EASY (they have to be if I made them) Here is the recipe

1 tube (8 oz) refrigerated crescent rolls

8 fun size snickers candy bars, halved (I used the bite size)

1/4 cup cream cheese frosting:

Separate crescent dough into eight triangles: cut each in half forming two triangles. Place a candy bar half on each triangle. Fold dough over candy and pinch corners together to seal. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Cut a small hole in the corner of a resealable plastic bag. Fill bag with frosting; pipe over rolls.

*******UPDATE*****Jack just called and I got 3rd place...guess I didn't need Hormel after all!!!( and there were more than 3 that entered!!!!)

2 comments:

Jack said...

Proud of you! There were quite a few entrees so your chilli really had some competition. Love Jack

Unknown said...

WoW! Maybe you should cook at 4:30am more often!!!
Are you going to share your award winning recipe?